An Optimistic Oracle Built for Web3.
UMA (UMA) Fact Sheet
- UMA Protocol is a decentralized finance (DeFi) optimistic oracle built on Ethereum (ETH) to allow any two counterparties to create their financial contracts and synthetic assets.
- An optimistic oracle serves data to smart contracts using a "true unless disputed" escalation game, enabling Decentralized Participation, Dispute Resolution, and Economic Guarantees.
- The UMA protocol allows users to create different financial contracts for different use-cases and purposes. As a result, they can digitize any valuables such as futures, contracts for differences (CFDs), crypto assets, or any other financial derivatives.
- Synthetic assets are a specific class of assets aimed at mimicking the value of another asset created through the tokenization of valuables.
- UMA allows the easy creation of synthetic assets and relies on two core components, Priceless Financial Contract Designs, and a Decentralized Oracle Service.
- UMA is the native cryptocurrency utilized on the platform with a high level of utility, such as being used for protocol governance and granting the token holder rights towards voting on new synthetic assets or even disputing liquidated collateral.
- UMA, UMA Protocol, and UMAProject are managed by a private company headquartered in Greater Chicago Area, Great Lakes, Midwestern US.
UMA Historical Data Price Chart in the U.S. Dollars (USD)
UMA (UMA) Historical Data Price Chart in the U.S. Dollars (USD). Source: TradingView