Last revised: 08 June 2022
Thank you for visiting https://www.yellow.com/ ("Website").
The Website is owned and operated by Yellow Global Limited and its affiliates (together "Operator", "we", "our", or "us").
1. What information do we collect?
1.1. Personal Data. Personal data or personal information means any information that relates to an identified or identifiable living individual. It does not include data which cannot be used to identify an individual person, such as a company registration number. A “data subject” is an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by personal data. This is usually by reference to an identifier such as a name, identification number, location data, email address, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Different pieces of information, which are collected together can lead to the identification of a particular person and also constitute personal data. It does not include data where the identity has been removed and this data is no longer capable of identifying an individual (“Anonymous Data”).
1.2. Information that you provide. This is information about you that you give us by (i) registering for an account; (ii) using the Support Centre on the Website; or (iii) corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
1.3. Information we may collect about you. Every time you use the Services, we may collect the following information, which may be considered to be Personal Data when combined with other information:
Category of Personal Data Examples of specific pieces of personal data Identity Data
- username or similar identifier
- date of birth and gender
- biometric information, including a visual image of your face
- national identity cards
- passports, driving licences or other forms of identification documents
Social Identity Data
- your group/company data
- uinformation on referrals related to you
- behavioural data
- risk assessment
- compliance assessment
- your user-generated content
- residence details
- home address
- work address
- email address and telephone numbers
- proof of address documentation
- payment details
- Digital Assets Wallets
- balances associated with Digital Assets Wallets
- orders and trades associated with Digital Assets Wallets
- source of funds and related documentation
- details about payments to and from you
- other details of any transactions you enter into using the Services or Website
- authorization information
- public Metamask wallet address
- internet connectivity data
- internet protocol (IP) address
- operator and carrier data
- login data
- browser type and version
- device type, category and model
- time zone setting and location data
- language data
- application version and SDK version
- browser plug-in types and versions
- operating system and platform
- diagnostics data such as crash logs and any other data we collect for the purposes of measuring technical diagnostics
- other information stored on or available regarding the devices you allow us access to when you visit the Website or use the Services
- your username and password
- your identification number as our user
- your email associated with your accounts
- requests by you for products or services
- your interests, preferences and feedback
- other information generated by you when you communicate with us, for example when you address a request to our customer support
Usage Data information about how you use the Website, the Services, and other offerings made available by us, including
- device download time
- interaction type and time
- event time, name and source
Marketing and Communications Data your preferences in receiving marketing from us or third parties
- your communication preferences
- your survey responses
1.4. Information we DO NOT collect about you. We do not collect any special categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). However, you may be required to send us information relevant to establishing your identity such as photographs and copies of your government-issued identification documents.
1.5. Information we may collect from third-party sources. We may receive information about you from other sources, including (i) third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records; prevent or detect fraud; process payments; or analyze your use of our Services, and (ii) third parties with whom you choose to link with the Services through functionality we make available to you. Our Services may also include integrated content or links to content provided by third parties (such as live chat, social media content, plug-ins and applications). Additional third parties may include our affiliated entities.
1.6. Information we collect automatically. The Operator’s web servers automatically log standard access information including browser type and URL requested. This information is not shared with third parties and is used only within the Operator on a need-to-know basis. The Operator reserves the right to block access for any customer accessing the Website via a proxy service intending to conceal originating identity. This includes access via the Tor anonymity network.
1.7. Children’s Personal Data. We do not knowingly request to collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, we will require the user to close his or her account and will not allow the user to continue using our Website and/or the Services. We will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Website and/or the Services so we can take action to prevent access to our Website and/or the Services.
2. Why do we collect your information?
2.1 Personal Data usage. Information you provide to us and/or we collect may be used for
- Transaction services. We use your information to process your orders and to communicate with you about orders and Services;
- Communication with you. We use your information to communicate with you in relation to us;
- Complying with our Know Your Customer (“KYC”) obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations;
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve the Website and the Services. We use your information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve the usability and effectiveness of the Website and the Services.
- Fraud prevention and credit risks. We process information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, us and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Improve our services. We process information to improve our services and for you to have a better user experience;
- Recommendations and personalisation. We use your information to recommend features and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with the Website and the Services;
- Analysing and administrating. We use your information to analyse trends, administrate the Website access and the Services usage, gather information for aggregate use, systems administration, and detecting usage patterns and troubleshooting purposes.
3. Legal Basis for our use of your Personal Data
3.1. Legal Basis. We will process your Personal Data on the following grounds:
- Performance of a contract when we provide you with access to the Website or the Services or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your Personal Data to take and handle orders, and process payments;
- Legal obligation to comply with our legal obligations under applicable laws and regulations, and Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations;
- Our legitimate interests and the interests of our users when, for example, we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others;
- Our legitimate interest to improve our Website and Services;
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to process your Personal Data for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing your data for that purpose.
3.2. Limitation of Personal Data usage. We ensure that we balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law). You can obtain further information about how we assess our legitimate interests against any potential impact on you in respect of specific activities by contacting us.
4. Security and confidentiality
4.1. General provisions. We work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of your personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity to protect you against unauthorised access to your account password. We recommend using a unique password for your Binance account that is not utilized for other online accounts and signing off when you finish using a shared computer.
4.2. Confidentiality. The Operator is committed to protecting your privacy. Internally, only people with a business need to know Personal Data, or whose duties reasonably require access to it, are granted access to customers’ Personal Data. Such individuals will only process your Personal Data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
4.3. No Guarantee. We make every legitimate and possible effort to provide security and confidentiality of the information, but no information system can be fully secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to us over networks that we do not control, including the internet and wireless networks.
5.1. Internal Personal Data Disclosure. For the purposes of Personal Data usage, you agree that we have the right to share your Personal Data with
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries including their respective contractors, affiliates, employees or representatives.
- Our service providers, to the extent necessary to supply the Services to you.
- Selected third parties, including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Services.
- Authorities and law enforcement agencies worldwide either when ordered to do so or on a voluntary basis if this appears reasonable and necessary to us.
5.2. Personal Data Disclosure to the Third Party. You agree that we can also disclose your Personal Data to third parties
- If the Operator or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Personal Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
6. International Transfers
6.1. International Transfer of Personal Data. Personal Data and other data may therefore be exported outside of the jurisdiction in which you reside. Your Personal Data may be processed and stored in a foreign country or countries. Under those circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country or those countries may be able to obtain access to your Personal Data through foreign laws. You need to be aware that the privacy standards of those countries may be lower than those of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
6.2. No Guarantee. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our utmost to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to us over the email or through the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
7. Your Privacy Rights
7.1. Access. You may access and verify your Personal Data held by the Operator by submitting a written request using our support centre.
7.2. Rectification of Incomplete or Inaccurate Personal Data. You may request us to rectify or update any of your personal information held by us that is inaccurate. You may do this at any time by logging in to your account and updating your profile information.
7.3. Withdraw consent. To the extent that the processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the Operator’s processing based on consent before your withdrawal.
7.5. Restriction of processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to restrict or object to our processing or transferring your personal information under certain circumstances. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defence of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
7.6. Marketing communications. If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can also let us know via the methods stated below. The electronic marketing communications we send to you also contain opt-out mechanisms that allow you to opt out from receiving those communications, update your contact information or change your preferences at any time. We will honour your choice and refrain from sending you such announcements. You may also opt back in to receive those communications at any time.
8. Other Websites and protecting your Personal Data
8.2. Your obligation to protect Personal Data. The Operator takes all reasonable efforts to protect and safeguard Personal Data, but there are protective measures you should take, as well. Do not share your Personal Data with others unless you clearly understand the purpose of their request for it and you know with whom you are dealing. Do not keep sensitive Personal Data in your email inbox. If you are asked to assign passwords to connect you to your Personal Data, you should use a secure password and always use two-factor authentication (2FA), where available. You should change your password regularly.