Decentralized Meme Coin Ecosystem Built on Ethereum.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) Fact Sheet
- Shiba Inu (SHIB) was initially developed as a joke meme cryptocurrency, inspired by another meme coin, Dogecoin (DOGE), which featured the Shiba Inu dog as its mascot.
- SHIB is the native cryptocurrency token used across the Shiba Inu ecosystem and is the first token listed and utilized as an incentive for decentralized exchange (DEX) ShibaSwap.
- Shiba Inu as a project was created in August 2020 by an anonymous person named Ryoshi, meaning there is no information regarding the creator's true identity.
- Like many other altcoins, Shiba Inu is built on the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain and follows the ERC-20 token standard. The token launched with a fixed supply of one quadrillion tokens.
- Over time, Shiba Inu underwent numerous developments and is still growing in terms of its ecosystem size, with work being done on its Metaverse platform and even stablecoin.
SHIBA Historical Data Price Chart in the U.S. Dollars (USD)
Shiba Inu (SHIB) Historical Data Price Chart in the U.S. Dollars (USD). Source: TradingView
What is Shiba Inu (SHIB)?
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is a cryptocurrency created in August 2020 by an anonymous founder named Ryoshi. Shiba Inu took inspiration from a dog with the same name and was used as a mascot of another popular meme cryptocurrency, Dogecoin (DOGE).
As such, Shiba Inu has been dubbed by many as the "Dogecoin Killer"; however, it aims to be something much more significant, with an entire ecosystem.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is a token, not a coin.
What differentiates a token from a coin is that coins ha